The different components included in the Actinic system (such as the Shopping Cart, for example) can send emails to your users or your customers. You can partially customize the look of these messages in order to insert your logo or your company's contact information. To do this, you must create a template depicting the header and footer of the message. In addition to customizing the look of the message, other information (such as the dispatch email or the subject of the message) can be associated with the template.|
| Default Template|
|If you want to create just one template that will be used for all of your messages, you can create a default template. The
default template will be used when no other more specific template is suitable.|
In addition, the default template is systematically used when your site
sends an automatic courtesy response (for example, in the FAQ component, the Contacts component, etc.).
| Method of Use (Templates)|
|To illustrate the functioning logic of the templates, let's look at a case in point: If the shopping cart needs to send an order confirmation
email, it is going to first create the main body of the message containing all of the customer information and the order details. Next, it is going to
search and see if a specific template, such as "Shopping Cart Order Confirmation", exists in the buyer's language. If the template exists, it will be used
to create the order confirmation. On the other hand, if this type of template does not exist, the shopping cart will search for the default template in the
user's language. If this template is defined, it will be used to generate the order confirmation. If no default template has been defined, the shopping
cart will send the message without applying any particular customization and will use a default subject and the email associated to the site. The templates
function, therefore, according to a cascade system.
When a template is available, the system will use the dispatch address associated to the template. If this email is not specified, then the default email
associated to the site will be used. For example, if you want to send your order confirmations from the address sales@MyDomain.com, then simply specify
this mailbox address in the "dispatch email" zone of the "Shopping Cart Order Confirmation" template.
This example demonstrates the flexibility of the system. Using a default template implies that it is absolutely not necessary to systematically define all
of the templates.
| Template Descriptions|
|You are free to choose the templates that you wish to define. It is not necessary to define all of the templates. In general, defining only the
default template meets the needs of 90% of sites. If your site is multilingual, remember to create templates for each of the languages supported by your
• Default Template: The default template is the template that is used when no other more specific template is suitable.
• User Account Creation (Via Registration): This template is used to confirm the creation of a user account via the registration component or
via the newsletter subscription block.
• User Account Creation (Via Shopping Cart/Your Account): This template is used when a visitor creates a user account at the time of an online
purchase or when registering via the "Your Account / Register" block.
• User Account Password Help: This template is used to resend the password to the user who requests this information in the "Your Account"
component or in the identification page that is displayed during the purchasing process.
• Sales Rep Account Password Help: This template is used to resend the password to the sales rep that requests this information in the sales
rep account identification page (specifically used for the delayed order module).
• Order Confirmation for Shopping Cart: This template is used when sending the order confirmation in the shopping cart. Do not use specific
text in this template because most of the necessary text (concerning payment method, order tracking, file downloads, etc.) is automatically generated by
• Automatic Order Tracking from Administration: This template is used by the order tracking page of your administration site. When you change
the state of the order, you may decide to automatically notify the user via an email that will be sent by the system. This template is used exclusively for
• Email Follow-Up of Orders from Administration: This template is used by the order tracking page of your administration site. This template is used when you click on the email address of the customer to send them a specific message.
• Quote request : This template is used when the payment option “Quote request” is used instead of a “classic payment method”. In this case it replaces the template “Order Confirmation for Shopping Cart”.
• Deffered payment : This template is used when the payment option is “Deffered payment” is selected.
• Reward Email (your referral has ordered) : This template is used to tell to a “sponsor customer “ that a sponsored customer has ordered on the site.
• Referal invite email : This template is used to tell to a refered customer (new customer) which has ordered on the site that he received a refered offer.
• Loyalty program : This template is used when a customer is notified that they can benefit from the Loyalty Scheme discount because they have reached the desired threshold for reward.
| Implementation Advice|
As a general rule, use the header of your message to display your logo and a return link to your site. The footer should be used to indicate any legal information about your company or your contact information (emails, phone numbers, address, etc.).
All these templates can be duplicated from the “view properties” Icon and can be translated into the right field :|
| Body customisation - HTML expert|