Commencal has earned our praise. An example of quality, made in France merchandise, their bicycles have won several world championship titles and are sold in over 50 countries. This Andorran company competes with Chinese models in exports, and reaches a turnover of €250,000 (£208,690) a month. This is an impressive development from a turnover of only €50,000 (£41,730) two years ago (a 500% increase). This proves that quality French products have a future in ecommerce and have something to offer the market. Actinic is proud to be a part of their success.
And it doesn’t stop there. Commencal has recently achieved success in the American market. Conquering this significant market demonstrates the Andorran company’s potential for growth in the years to come.
Commencal bikes (Free ride, downhill, Enduro, Gravity Bikes) target a high-end market and embody a high-tech approach. Over 150 parts, some in titanium, have to be assembled to achieve a unique result and exceptional quality.
The Commencal ecommerce venture is impressive and full of lessons. Three years ago who would have thought that high-end bikes, sometimes over €3,000 (£2,500) each, would be sold online?
The key to their success:
Max Commencal discusses the main factors that have led to his success:
In order to succeed, we implemented these effective ecommerce practices:
> Sharing our customers’ passion
> Offering a site with exceptional graphics
> Taking advantage of mobiles
> Allowing customers to customise their bikes so they correspond exactly with what they are looking for
> Quality text and copy
All of these elements are accessible throughout the world thanks to the internet.
Facebook represents an important promotional tool and allows the Commencal community to connect. Users are constantly posting videos and sharing experiences, which in turn emphasises the quality of our products. Over 65,000 fans share this passion for bikes, and they have first access to our latest products.
Apart from the visible and commercial sides of ecommerce, sales management is a key element where rigour and efficiency are essential for order processing. We’ve set up a particularly efficient organisation in this area by integrating our ecommerce website into our SAGE software.
The Actinic DataPlug allows you to synchronise your website and your accounting software: creating customers, orders and updating stocks real-time are all synchronised. A centralised, simple, automatic management system for multiple countries allows Commencal to expand internationally hassle-free and to easily periodically retrieve data from the site.
In a world of enthusiasts, a bike can reflect an individual’s personality. It’s the end of a one size fits all mentality. With our configurator customers are free to create what they want in terms of colours and accessories, which allows everyone to create a bike that matches their personality. The ability to stand out and live your passion to the fullest is really something our customers appreciate.
...for multiplying your sales opportunities:
- We’ve been able to count on the Actinic experts at each important step in our development and benefit from marketing and strategy advice in order to meet the challenges of growth together.
- Our website was accepted by our community right away thanks to an exceptional, theme-appropriate design and integrated content where enthusiastic customers highlight the advantages of our products.
- We release our new catalogue items and current offers on our Facebook page in real-time. This acts as a space for sharing, getting to know our customer base and valuable recommendations.
- The Sage DataPlug helps us manage our orders and synchronise our stock between all of our sites and domains. This exceptional tool saves us a lot of time!
- Our technical configurator can’t be overlooked in terms of pushing customer relations that extra step and increasing the products we offer while strengthening the community around our brand.
- A team of experts readily available and there whenever we need anything is essential for ensuring service continuity in ecommerce.
We are extremely satisfied with Actinic. Being able to count on a partner that’s there for you with a constantly evolving, comprehensive ecommerce solution is priceless. Our partners at Actinic give us the advice we need to help develop our business.